Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Why Real Estate

It seems like everytime I tell someone that I am a realtor they get a look of fear in thier eyes and ask "how are things going". The reality is that joining the real estate game at this juncture is a little bit crazy because the market is down so low.

This esentially means that there is not alot of cash to make (btw realtors are 100% comission). Reason being not alot of people are selling thier homes because they cant get alot of money for them, if they even can sell them as 28% of homeowners are underwater on thier mortgage.

As a result of this less homes are on the market, so less options for your buyers as well. This coupled with the fear that new home buyers have caused by all of the predatory lending makes for very few buyers and obviously becasue the market is so far down much less commission made by the realtors.

So why would I do this right now, why would I want to get into this business at such a tumultuous time in housing. Well, simply put I love to help people and this is what I do best.

When I bought a house a little over two years ago the process was very trying and I had a horrible realtor but the experience was worth it all. Everytime I wake up I realize the amazing blessing that is my home, my own home. When I see that people are renting homes just like mine for double what I pay on my mortgage I am extremely thankful.

I became a Realtor to pass this emotion on to others so they can wake up and be thankful. And I am doing just that :D

1 comment:

  1. Tyler is an amazing real estate agent! He is constantly sending me new houses to look at and whenever my boyfriend and I want to see one, he drops whatever he is doing to go and show us. We will never work with anyone else and can only hope that in 15 years when we want to sell and buy again that Tyler is still in real estate.
    Thank you Tyler!! :)

    ReplyDelete