Monday, September 19, 2011

Who are you serving

When I became a Realtor I decided to do it because it gave me a chance to really serve "others". What does that mean? Well to me it means doing right by other people regardless of weather it is best for "me" or not.

Sure sometimes its tough but I knew it wasn't going to be easy. And there have been so many times I have been frustrated with my clients. Weather it was writing an offer that was too low, or needing to see a property at a time that was not perfect for my schedule.

But I decided to be in the business to serve "others" not "me". It does not matter what time is best for "me". It does not matter how much my client wants to spend, or even if they ever buy a house at all. The only thing that matters is that I serve them.

Many times we as Realtors, and really as people are too busy putting ourselves first. We tend to look at clients as dollar signs and adjust the value of people with how much they affect our bank account.

I am only saying this because I have done this myself and am guilty on all counts of putting price tags on the people I serve.

Thankfully, I have been able to cut this price tag off those I serve through constant self evaluation. And it has enabled me to remember the reason I decided to start this career to serve "others" not "me".

No comments:

Post a Comment