Saturday, September 3, 2011

When Giving Back Gives Back

I read a quote today that made me think about the ability to live the life that has been intented for me and how often I fall short of it.

"Ones real life is often the life that one does not lead" Oscar Wilde.

I think about how much of my life has been spent not being who I really am, in my process of trying to fit in with what the world would like me to be.

And then I think about what my life looks like when I am really living the life that has been intended for me.

Today I am going to the U of M football game. I am not going becasuse I went to UofM, I am not going because I have disposable income, and I am not going because I am excited about Brady Hoke.

I am going because the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Washtenaw County gave me and my little brother Damon the tickets.

I realize as I walk though this life that when I follow the plan and allow myself to be "me" wonderful things happen. Not just for me but for people that are close to me as well.

We have all given till it hurt to somebody or something at some point in our lives. Maybe we need to ask ourselves what that giving has produced, did it give back?





No comments:

Post a Comment